Welcome to our online celebration of science.
Science Fest 2020 is an at-home, fun-filled, educational experience for parents and kids of all ages, with content guided by over 500 leaders in science. Join us for a free, online event unlike anything before.
Get Ready, Get Set, Science!
To prepare for the big day:
- Read our Science Fest Code of Conduct and get permission from a parent or guardian if you are under age 13.
- Create an account or log in to your existing account to gamify your festival experience, earn badges, and level up. You are welcome to enjoy Science Fest without creating an account, but your badge and level progress will not be tracked.
- Look for Materials Checklists on activities you are interested in and make sure you have all the supplies needed to complete each activity.
- Activities will be available starting October 24 and stay online for the rest of the school year, with the exception of “live” activities.
Earn Departmental Badges
More than 20 groups at Indiana University contributed activities, videos, and downloadables to the festival. To earn a badge for a particular group, complete the requirements shown below while logged in to your Science Fest account.
Complete activities about birds to earn this badge.
- Make a paper crane
- Watch Migration Sensation video
- Watch Dr. Ketterson video
- Play Bird Bingo
- Complete Exploring Behavior with our Feathered Friends Part 1
- Watch bird observation video
- Complete Exploring Behavior with our Feathered Friends Part 2
- Watch bird aggression video
- Download the Bird Field Guide
- Use your Bird Field Guide in the wild
Complete plant-based biology activities to score this badge.
Complete all Health Academy activities to earn this badge.
- Watch Health Academy Part 1 physical activity video
- Join us for Exercise on the High Seas
- Download the Spell Your Name worksheet
- Spell your Name with Exercise
- Watch Healthy Eating video in Health Academy Part 2
- Get active with our Health Academy Part 2 exercise video
- Make your own MyPlate
- Test your COVID-19 Knowledge in Health Academy Part 3
Learn about the science behind the colors we see.
Complete all EARTHQUAKE! activities to earn this badge.
- Watch Earthquake! Part 1 Introduction video
- Watch Earthquake! Part 1 Seismograph video
- Watch Earthquake Part 2 video
- Take the Earthquake! Part 2 quiz
- Download Earthquake! Part 3 map
- Complete Step 1 of Earthquake! Part 3 activity
- Complete Steps 2 & 3 of Earthquake! Part 3 activity
- Take the Earthquake! Part 3 quiz
Uncover the mysteries of different materials to earn this badge.
Complete select microbiology activities to earn this badge.
Complete select psychological & brain sciences activities.
Complete all Secret Language of Mice activities.
Watch all “Day in the Life” of a Biology Grad Student videos.
Complete Interdepartmental Tracks
Earn bonus badges based on activity type or subject cluster:
Each completed badge will score you 100-200 SciQ Points. Look for extra credit at the end of activities to earn bonus SciQ Points.
- Earn 300 SciQ Points
- Earn 750 SciQ Points
- Earn 1500 SciQ Points
- Earn 3000 SciQ Points
Bring Science Home
Youth and Adult T-shirts
Available for a limited time only. Orders must be placed before November 8.