The Braille system is used by people who are blind to read and write. The Braille system uses a set of raised bumps or dots that can be felt with your finger. Each set of dots is a character in an alphabet.
In this activity, you will create your own braille alphabet with just paper and glue. You can use this to feel and memorize the braille alphabet!
Materials Checklist• Printed copy of Braille Alphabet Worksheet
• GlueDownload Braille Worksheet
- Print out a copy of the Braille Alphabet Worksheet
- Put a drop of white glue over each black dot
- After the glue is dry you will be able to feel the raised dots with your fingers
- Try to memorize the letters of the Braille alphabet!