- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Gel food coloring
- Mix together all the ingredients, except the food coloring, in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low/medium heat, stirring. Once it begins to thicken, add the food coloring.
- Continue stirring until the mixture is much thicker and begins to gather around the spoon
- Once the dough is not wet, remove and put onto wax paper or a plate to cool.
- After cooling (30 minutes) knead playdough for a few seconds. PLAY!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge